Petit Pancake Stacks
I got back to baking up a storm this morning, whipping up a spontaneous breakfast for my sister and I consisting of petit pancake stacks with honey and jam, quick 4-ingredient smoothies and green tea. I like to spoil my sister with healthy food that tastes good too, because she doesn't quite enjoy or stick to gluten free life as much as I do! Anyway, I found the perfect recipe from She Let Them Eat Cake for pancakes and after a few alterations I came up with my own version of the original recipe. I managed to produce cute little pancake stacks that are gluten-free, sugar-free and egg-free and could easily be made dairy free or vegan also, so this recipe should work for most peoples needs.
Petit Pancake Stacks (serves 4 or 1/2 quantity serves 2)
1 1/2 cups gluten free plain flour mix
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tsp. honey
1 egg (but I used 1 Tsp. pysullium husk mixed in 2 Tsp. water, perfect!)
1 cup milk (cow's, or a dairy-free alternative)
Coconut oil for cooking
1. Mix all wet ingredients first, then mix in flour and salt. Mix until well combined. My mixture was quite thick.
2. In a frypan melt coconut oil/butter and heat pan until quite hot.
3. Drop tablespoons of mixture into the pan to create mini pikelet size pancakes. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
4. Stack into mini pancake stacks with 4-5 to a person and serve with toppings of your choice.
And now for my genius moment of a super quick 4-ingredient berry smoothie.
4-ingredient Berry Smoothie
1. Frozen berries
2. Milk (or dairy-free alternative)
3. Raw cacao nibs
4. Almond/nut butter
Blend and enjoy! Perfect mix of berry, cacao and a nutty hint.
I had a lovely breakfast and I have to say that I am glad to finally have an almost fool-proof pancake recipe.
Have a great day :)