Grain-Free Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry muffins are a good old fashioned favourite and so when I stumbled upon this recipe I couldn't help but have a go, it sounded too good to be true; grain-free, sugar-free, dairy free. Unfortunately they do contain egg and on the first go I wasn't willing to mess with the recipe too much, however stay tuned for future egg free attempts! Anyway, my sister, who loves all things sweet and unhealthy gave them an 8.5/10 for taste, not bad! Try for yourself this recipe from DAMY Health.Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Almond Meal
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (or Other Healthy Oil)
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Place all ingredients excluding blueberries into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once completely mixed fold in blueberries.
- Spray muffin tin or mini muffin tin with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly scoop batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
And here is the final product: