Perfection! Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER
Cookies, in particular the choc chip variety, have always been a favourite and a weakness of mine. Ever since I learnt to bake I have been in search of the perfect cookie recipes, chewy, golden brown and delicious. Having tried many different recipes and variations I have always found they taste good when they are still warm and soft, but then proceed to harden once they have cooled. I found this recipe on the always amazing Finger, Fork & Knife by Kate Olsson and after quickly adapting it to my dietary needs and pantry contents I was off, the result, amazingly chewy and delicious Salted Chocolate & Vanilla Bean Cookies, or simply the best choc chip cookies EVER (ssh, don't tell anyone that they are also better for you than normal!)
My version is gluten free, egg free and lower sugar than the original, but it tastes fantastic. Many thanks again to Kate for her mastery in the kitchen. Here is my recipe:
Ingredients (makes approx. 24):
-115g organic butter, room temp
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-2/3 cup honey
-1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
-1 Tsp. pysullium husk mixed in 2 Tsp. water (to replace 1 egg)
-1 1/3 cup gluten free flour
-1/2 tsp bi carb soda
-1 tsp sea salt (make sure it is SEA salt, table salt doesn't have the same result in flavour)
-1 cup dark choc chips or chocolate chopped
1. In food processor beat butter, sugar and honey until smooth.
2. Add pysullium husk mixed with water (to replace egg, can use 1 egg if you like) and combine. Add vanilla paste and beat for a few minutes.
3. In a bowl mix together flour, bi-carb soda and salt. Add wet mixture to bowl. Mix quickly to form dough.
4. Add chocolate and knead lightly until dough comes together.
5. Wrap dough in glad wrap and put in fridge for as long as possible (I have found you can just use it straight away and it works fine).
6. Preheat oven to 180. Line to baking trays with paper.
7. Roll cookie dough into small balls, about walnut size. Place on trays. Gently press down top of each cookie to flatten a little.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and remove from tray. Enjoy!