Boost Your Breakfast
We are always told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I am a self-confessed breakfast lover. It's important to start the day with a burst of nutrients and energy, so here is a few easy ways yo boost your breakfast:
- If you eat cereal or muesli- add super toppings! Sprinkle on raw cacao powder, cinnamon, goji berries, chia seeds, activated nuts and seeds, antioxidant rich berries and LSA meal for added fibre.
- If you eat eggs- swap bread for leafy greens. Serve your eggs on top of lightly steamed greens, or mix green leaves, herbs and cherry tomatoes into your scrambled eggs or omelette.
- If you eat fruit salad- add in some protein to lower the blood sugar rise from the fructose in fruit. Nuts or yogurt are great additions to fruit. Choose yogurt that is natural, preferably organic that is packed full of natural probiotics.
- If you eat toast- choose gluten free toast, with seeds and whole grains to reduce inflammation in your body and boost nutrient intake. Good spreads include natural nut butters (peanut, almond, tahini etc), raw honey, organic butter and cacao butter.
- If you have juice or smoothies- up the antioxidants by adding fresh beet roots and dark leafy greens to your juices, berries and greens to your smoothies, and if you're truly brave, detoxing green powders such as spirulina, chlorella and blue green algae.
- If you don't eat breakfast- any of the above! Breakfast IS important so don't skip it.
Stay healthy, Erica :)