A Crash Course in Positive Affirmations
If you have ever delved into the world of positivity then you have probably heard of positive affirmations, but do you really know what they are or how you can use them? Positive affirmations are basically little sentences or phrases, repeated over and over to yourself, to create positive thoughts and also to stamp out negative ones. These affirmations will of course vary for everyone, depending on the area of their life in which they need to create positivity. If used in the right way positive affirmations can magically manifest into your life the things and the happiness you desire and deserve, as explained in Louise Hay's book You Can Heal Your Life (a recommended read for people interested in a positive life). Positive affirmations, even if they can't manifest physical things that you want, they change your view on the world and make even bad things seem like a blessing. They work best if repeated daily, consistently and over a prolonged period of time, you can't simply wake up, say one affirmation and expect it to work. Here are a few classic examples of positive affirmations cases:
- You don't believe you are beautiful, fit, healthy etc. Affirmation: I am beautiful, I radiate beauty, I am fit and healthy, I make the right choices for my health. Even if you are overweight and not healthy, the last affirmation can help you to make and maintain the changes you need to lose weight and become healthy.
- You are struggling financially/are poor. Affirmation: I attract wealth into my life, I am comfortable financially, I have all the money that I need, I spend my money wisely.
- You don't love/accept yourself, don't believe you are amazing/special/unique/incredible. Affirmation (this is for everyone!): I accept myself unconditionally right now. (Affirmations from Hungry for Change film, incredibly powerful).
- You don't believe you have true friends/love in your life. Affirmation: I am deeply loved, I attract the love I deserve, I am worthy of love, I have a strong network of friends and family.
- You don't believe you are successful/can achieve your dreams. Affirmation: I am successful in my chosen path, I am successful, I am living out my dreams, I have the power within me to achieve greatness.
These are just a few examples, alter them or create your own so that they are meaningful to YOU.
Good luck, keep positive, Erica xx