Coconut Paleo Porridge w/ Stewed Fruits
When I am at home my Friday mornings usually start with an early diving training session (6am), and this morning was no different - except it was absolutely FREEZING! After shivering our butts off for an hour in the pool, Peta and I returned home for a much-needed hot shower and breakfast. Since it is unseasonally cool at the moment, I was craving something warm and nourishing, so along came this little beauty of a recipe - coconut paleo porridge. It took me all of about five minutes to make and hit the spot beautifully in terms of being filling, warm and delicious!
Coconut Paleo Porridge with Stewed Fruits
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 cup organic (preferably homemade) almond/coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- Ground nutmeg and cinnamon (approx. 1 tsp of each)
- Stewed fruits (I chose one fig and some pre-stewed apples and sultanas that I had in the fridge)
- Goji berries, macadamias, raw honey (optional) and other nuts to top
- In a small saucepan add the almond milk and stewed fruits over medium heat. If the apples are not already stewed give them about five minutes simmering in the almond milk to soften.
- Once the fruit is all soft and stew-y, add in the shredded coconut, coconut flour and spices. Mix thoroughly over low heat until combined well. If the mixture is too dry, add more almond milk; if too wet add more coconut flour.
- Place into a bowl and top with nuts and fruits of your choice, plus a little drizzle of raw, organic honey if you like it sweeter.
What are you doing on this gorgeous Friday?