Roast Veg Frittata
This recipe is easy, quick and requires very minimal cookware! So why not whip it up for a nourishing mid-week dinner.
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 3 Tbl coconut oil
- 1 tsp tumeric & 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 stalks of asparugus
- Small handful of fresh basil
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- Desired amount of feta
- Dice the sweet potato, put onto a baking tray, cover with 2 tablespoons of cononut oil, the paprika and tumeric. Bake for approximately 45 minutes (@180 degrees) - or until soft.
- Fry off the red onion and garlic in a fry pan with remaining coconut oil (1 tablespoon) and the garam masala for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced asparugus and shredded basil and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sweet potato into the fry pan.
- Whisk the eggs with the water and pour over the contents in the fry pan.
- Stir briefly, crumble the feta over the top and lower heat to medium and allow the bottom half to cook (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer to the oven, leave the handle hanging out and door slightly ajar. Cook at 180 until the entire frittata is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, decorate with remaining fresh basil and enjoy!