Roasted Red Capsicum & Sun Dried Tomato Zoodles!
If you have not tried zoodles (zucchini noodles) yet, you better go get yourself some zucchinis ASAP because you are missing out! They are super fast, nutritious and another way to pack even more green veggies into your day.
Zoodles are also just as versatile as normal pasta, they can go with any kind of sauce and still taste amazing. They are also a great alternative if you are feeding people who are health conscious or have dietary requirements, because they fit into the: vegan, vegetarian, paleo, low carb & gluten free categories. I have made pesto zoodles many, many times. But this time I thought I would try out a capsicum based sauce!
On of the best parts about this delicious sauce is that it too can also be used for any other type of pasta and could even be a dip!
Time: 20-30 mins
- 1 roasted red capsicum
- ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Handful of pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- Desired amount of feta
- A few leaves of basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ - ½ cup water (add to make desired texture)
- 2 large or 4 small zucchinis
- Olive oil
- 1 brown onion
1. Cut up the red capsicum, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20-30 minutes or until soft
2. Spiralise/peel the zoodles into noodles – sprinkle with salt and mix
3. Fry off the brown onion and then add the zuchinni into a large pot
4. Blend all the sauce ingredients in a vitamix/blender – add more water if required to make a paste like sauce
5. Pour the sauce over the zoodles and stir
6. Done! Serve with extra pepper and pine nuts.